Timeline of Events in Millbrook Baptist Church History
Church was organized and a building built on land donated by Elias K. Chappell and located on the corner of Falls of Neuse and Spring Forest Roads. Church named Midway Baptist Church.
Church moved to Millbrook community and meetings were held in Millbrook School.
April 27, 1924
First services held in new sanctuary erected on one acre of land obtained from J. B. Green. Rev. K. E. Bryan was pastor. Name of church changed to Millbrook Baptist Church.
Rev. J. S. Farmer fourteen year pastorate during which time Sunday School rooms were added to the building.
Dr. J. Allen Easley became pastor of the church.
Rev. Edwin R. Andrews assumed pastorate. Worship services were increased from twice monthly to every Sunday.
August 3, 1948
Rev. Robert L. Newton began his ministry. Classrooms, kitchen and bathrooms were added to rear of building. Additional land purchased.
Parsonage erected on property donated by Mr. and Mrs. C. M. Billings.
Rev. Ray K. Hodge became minister. Served for two years during which time a baptistry was built.
Rev. Jack L. Bullard became pastor. Served for over seven years.
October 15, 1961
Educational building dedicated. Cost: $125,000.
Renovation of Sanctuary.
Dr. William H. Puckett, Jr. began ministry.
Dr. M. Wayne Brown became the church’s first full-time Associate Minister.
Building Committee selected for new building. Benjamin B. Taylor chosen as architect.
Educational building air-conditioned.
August 6, 1972
Ground breaking service for worship and education complex.
October 21, 1973
Worship and Education complex dedicated. Approximate cost: $500,000.
Dr. Randall Robinson began as senior minister.
Rev. Robert Albritton began as senior minister.
Millbrook Memorial Labyrinth and Garden.
Ground breaking service for connector building.
April 1, 2008
Rev. Andrea Dellinger Jones begins as senior minister.